School Office Hours
Monday – Friday
Blake Academy Technology Device Plan
- Blake Academy will be deploying devices based on a prioritized need and based on the availability of devices. The priority is to provide devices to families that do not have any devices in the home for the student to complete his/her work.
- The device deployment will begin with 8th grade students, then 7th, 6th, 5th, etc. until all of the devices are given out or devices no longer are available. The policy is one device per family.
- Device deployment will begin Wednesday, April 1, 2020. The school staff will call the parent once the device is ready for pick-up. Please be patient as it may take several days to complete the task.
- Pick-up times are 8:30-10:30 am for middle school students and 11:00-1:00 for elementary students. If a parent is unable to pick-up the device during the scheduled times, he/she can call the office to make an appointment.
- Device deployments will take place in the car-line. A member of the school staff will give the device to a parent listed on the student’s emergency card (a valid picture ID might be requested) and the parent will sign the technology agreement and acknowledgement form before leaving the school campus. It would be very helpful if the parent could bring the middle school student’s ID to pick-up the device.
- If the device your child is borrowing has technical problems, please email email@example.com or call the school office 863-499-2870.
- The device return plan will be shared at a later date. Please note that per the district, grades may not be posted until the device is returned.
- An internet information flyer has been posted on the school’s website.
Blake Academy Paper-Based Lessons Plan
- Paper-Based Lessons are available for students in grades K-5 upon parent or teacher request. The preferred mode of learning is the virtual platform but it is understandable that there are students who would be more successful with printed lessons.
- The school staff will notify the parent when the paper-based lessons are ready for pick-up in the school office.
- Parents must be on the student’s emergency card to pick-up the lessons. Please be prepared to bring a valid picture ID.
- The child’s teacher will let the parent know how and when the work will be given to the teacher for credit.
- The district’s website has paper-based lessons that parents can print at home. Please visit the Polk County Public Schools website for more information.
Other Helpful Information
- Teachers will have a daily three hour window for office hours. A staff list is posted on our school website that includes office hours for teachers and the communication platform they are using.
- Please make sure to provide the school with a correct phone number. Teachers and school staff may need to talk to parents on occasion so having a good number on file is very important.
- If a student is in need of a school counselor, please reach out to either firstname.lastname@example.org for elementary students, or email@example.com for middle school students.
- Kindergarten Round-Up scheduled for April has been postponed.
- The school is open for registrations for the 2020-21 school year. Please call the office to make an appointment to either pick-up registration forms or to drop them off.